- Scientists found advantages of piano lessons for older individuals
- The people in the study played for 30 minutes a day and took a one hour lesson once a week
- Participants took lessons and practiced for 6 months
- Learning music later in life has benefits - but you have to be committed to it
- The White Matter in the brain did not shrink in the people who played the piano
- The White Matter in the brain shrunk a bit in the people who did not play!
Frontiers In Aging Neuroscience Front. Aging Neurosci., 15 February 2022 | https://doi.org/10.3389/fnagi.2022.817889