It was such a great honor to be appointed the YOUNGEST Purple Angel Ambassador in 2016 and I continue to "wear" that honor. I continue to advocate for the Alzheimer's Community both the patients and caregivers. It was created in the UK and started a worldwide campaign! I carry on that honor as I continue to be an advocate for Alzheimer's disease.
The Purple Angel campaign is not slowing down! It is gaining importance.
Here are its goals
- raise awareness and education for all types of dementias
- to show support for dementias; both diagnosed and caregivers
- remove fear and isolation
- to become a global symbol for Alzheimer's that have no language barriers
- to collaborate internationally
- its needs that are often overlooked
- its challenges and causes
- how to still have joy and a life with purpose
- sharing the POWERFUL movement with families worldwide